In 2007, a worship movement that would declare the Lordship of Jesus Christ over Boston was birthed.
During a time of prayer and fasting, God spoke to Zenzo Matoga, a missionary from Malawi, Africa, to begin a night of worship that would lift up the name of Jesus in Boston and New England. God gave Zenzo 2 Chronicles 20, the story of King Jehoshaphat, who when surrounded by three armies, was given an instruction from the Lord to send the worshipers ahead of the battle. God Himself fought on their behalf as they worshiped.
On October 29, 2007, Boston Night of Worship (BNOW) began with over 30 worship leaders from churches all over Boston united on one stage to lead a cross-cultural and multi-denominationalnight of worship. Over the years, we have seen thousands gather to worship Jesus. There is desperation and hunger for God rising up in New England. Lives are being saved, healed, and delivered.
- 2007: BNOW started with over 700 people in attendance in Somerville, MA
- 2008: BNOW gathered over 400 people in the middle of a snow storm; its first full-length DVD was produced.
- 2009: BNOW was held at MIT's 1,500 seat Kresge Auditorium and maxed out the auditorium's capacity!
- 2010+2011: A time of growth! BNOW became United Night of Worship (UNOW). UNOW was held at Agganis Arena where 4,500-5,000 people gathered each year!
- 2012: The CIty Hall Encounter! UNOW went to the public square and united the Church for evangelism and acts of compassion. Over 8,000 people gathered at CIty Hall Boston!
- 2013: A Night of Healing and Hope! A record 10,000 people gathered at City Hall after another day of united evangelism in the city!
- 2014: UNOW Youth and UNOW Vermont are birthed with remarkable crowds at each gathering.
- 2015: UNOW launches Grassroots Nights of Worship throughout New England and is featured in Charisma Magazine.
UNOW currently has chapters in Worcester, MA, Portland, ME, Connecticut, Cape Cod, and Vermont with more in the process of being birthed as God leads.